KD250: Accelerated Kubernetes and Docker Bootcamp
Jun 12Tue 09:00 AM PDT - Fri 05:00 PM PDT Sunnyvale Mirantis Inc KD250-003
- $3,595.00 incl. Tax
Jun 12Tue 09:00 AM PDT - Fri 05:00 PM PDT Online Mirantis Inc KD250-004
- $3,595.00 incl. Tax
Interested in registering but don't see a date or location near you?
Request a class.
The Accelerated Kubernetes and Docker Bootcamp (KD250) is a consolidation of our famous Kubernetes and Docker Bootcamp I (KD100) and Kubernetes and Docker Bootcamp II (KD200) with added content to prepare the student for the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) exam and still fit into a single week session.
This course requires students to be very familiar with the Linux command line. It is broken up into a number of sections, each section typically includes an instructor-led presentation outlining theory followed by hands-on labs that put that theory into practice.
Bundle the CKA with our KD250
The Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) program was created by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), in collaboration with The Linux Foundation, to help develop the Kubernetes ecosystem. As a Kubernetes Certified Service Provider, Mirantis offers a bundle with our KD250 for the CKA which will save you $50 off the total exam price ($300). If you’d like to bundle the exam with our class, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org after you’ve purchased your KD250 seat.
Duration: 4 Days
Have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Audience & Prerequisites
Developers and system administrators who want to deploy and manage Kubernetes and prepare for the CKA exam.
- Strong Linux command line skills
- Basic understanding of JSON and YAML
- Basic understanding of distributed application development and deployment
- Basic understanding of Virtualization and Linux execution environment, processes
- Basic understanding of L2, L3, networking and network namespaces
- Basic understanding of Network Attached Storage (NAS)
Objectives and Outline
- What is a container, how it differs from a virtual machine, and how to use containers to deliver software applications faster
- What is container orchestration and why it is needed
- How to install Docker from scratch
- How to use Docker to run and manage containers
- How to build Docker images, image registry, image management
- How to configure volumes and networks in Docker
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes building blocks (pods, deployments, jobs, daemonSets, namespaces, quotas, secrets, configMaps)
- Kubernetes services, service discovery, ingress to connect to containers
- Kubernetes labels, selectors, annotations, liveness and readiness probes
- Kubernetes pod scheduling, anti/affinity, taints and tolerations
- Kubernetes architecture, installation, high availability and security principles
- Kubernetes application troubleshooting, logging, and monitoring
- How to use Kubernetes to deploy a software application consisting of several components
Please review our syllabus for the full course objectives and outline
- Laptop with WiFi connectivity
- Web browser supporting HTML5
- SSH Client
- Presentations and Workbooks provided by Instructor
- Access to Cloud based labs for duration of class
- Certificate of Completion