SPIN50: Spinnaker Fundamentals
Interested in registering but don't see a date or location near you?
Request a class.
This Spinnaker course is an introduction to continuous delivery on cloud infrastructure. It will cover the first principles of safe, frequent, and reliable software releases: Immutable infrastructure, Deployment Strategies, Automation and Operational Integration.
Spinnaker is open source software that enables reliable, repeatable, and fast deployments at scale and supports multiple cloud providers for infrastructure. This course will feature Kubernetes as the cloud provider, but the general principles learned would be applicable to other cloud infrastructures, whether hosted or on prem.
The course is split into theory and workshops.
The theory provides an introduction to Continuous delivery with Spinnaker and is meant to help students understand the
“why” before they move to the workshop. The presentations will cover Spinnaker Architecture, subcomponents, core feature set, and pipelines.
The workshops provide hands-on experience with Spinnaker. Starting with a vanilla Linux system, students will set up Github and Docker hub accounts for continuous integration. They will then install and configure Spinnaker on top of Kubernetes. Finally, they will use Spinnaker to take an application from code commit to production release on a Kubernetes cluster.
Course Duration: 1 day
Have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Audience & Prerequisites
- IT and System Administrators
- DevOps Stakeholders
- Linux command line
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing
- Familiarity with Infrastructure As a Service
- Familiarity with Application release processes
Objectives and Outline
As a result of attending this course, students should ultimately be able to manage and set up Spinnaker (continuous delivery tool) on Kubernetes.Students should be able to understand and practice the following:
- Kubernetes Cluster Installation
- Spinnaker Overview
- Spinnaker Architecture
- Spinnaker-Kubernetes Integration
- Kayenta Automated Canary Analysis
- Spinnaker Installation
- Spinnaker Pipelines and Continuous Delivery
Please review our syllabus for the course objectives and outline.
- Laptop with WiFi connectivity
- Web browser supporting HTML5
- SSH client
- Presentations and Workbooks provided by Instructor
- Access to Cloud based labs for duration of class
- Certificate of Completion