IST50: Istio Fundamentals
Sep 20Fri 09:00 AM PDT - Fri 05:00 PM PDT Campbell IST50-001
- $595.00 incl. Tax
Sep 20Fri 09:00 AM PDT - Fri 05:00 PM PDT Online IST50-002
- $595.00 incl. Tax
Interested in registering but don't see a date or location near you?
Request a class.
This course is currently under development and will be available for registration soon, the first course will take place in Q3 - 2019
The Istio Fundamentals (IST50) by Mirantis is an introductory one day course covering Service Mesh, Istio Architecture, and Envoy Proxy. Students will gain hands-on experience with Istio’s core features including Traffic management and Security for applications running on Kubernetes.
The intended audience for this course are Software Engineers, Cloud Operations Engineers, DevOps Engineers, Cloud Architects, and Site Reliability Engineers looking to adopt Istio as the service mesh provider on Kubernetes.
Duration: 1 Day
Have questions? Contact us.
Audience & Prerequisites
The IST50 course is intended for Software Engineers, Cloud Operations Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, DevOps Engineers and Cloud Architects. It is recommended that you have a strong linux command line background. KD250 Bootcamp or equivalent experience is necessary (students should be fully knowledgeable of Kubernetes resources).
By the end of this course students will have an understanding of Service Mesh and its ecosystem and build a solid foundation of Istio architecture and traffic management knowledge.
This course contains the following theory & labs:
- Theory: Introduction to Service Mesh and Ecosystem
- Theory: Istio architecture and component overview
- Lab: Environment setup
- Lab: App deployment and sidecar injection techniques
- Theory: Istio Ingress & Egress Controllers
- Lab: Istio Ingress Controller
- Theory: Traffic Control
- Lab: Shifting and Steering Traffic with Canary deployments
- Theory: Telemetry with Istio
- Lab: Monitoring microservices with Prometheus, Distributed Tracing with Jaeger, Viewing Service Graphs with Kiali
- Theory: Security Policies
- Lab: Configuring network policy via Pilot and Envoy
To access our cloud hosted lab environment, student will need a laptop computer with a ssh client and a web browser.
- Presentations and Workbooks provided by Instructor
- Access to Cloud based labs for duration of class
- Certificate of Completion