IST50: Service Mesh and Istio Fundamentals
Dec 04Wed 09:00 AM CET - Wed 05:00 PM CET Amsterdam, Netherlands IST50-003
- $995.00 incl. Tax
Dec 04Wed 09:00 AM CET - Wed 05:00 PM CET Online (Virtual) IST50-004
- $995.00 incl. Tax
Interested in registering but don't see a date or location near you?
Request a class.
Important: Our October 17th Service Mesh and Istio Fundamentals (IST50) session that will be taking place in Campbell, CA & Virtually in the PST region currently has an introductory launch price of $595 USD (Normally $995).
The Istio Fundamentals (IST50) by Mirantis is an introductory one day course covering Service Mesh, Istio Architecture, and Envoy Proxy. Students will gain hands-on experience with Istio’s core features including Traffic management and Security for applications running on Kubernetes.
The intended audience for this course are Software Engineers, Cloud Operations Engineers, DevOps Engineers, Cloud Architects, and Site Reliability Engineers looking to adopt Istio as the service mesh provider on Kubernetes.
Duration: 1 Day
Have questions? Contact us.
Audience & Prerequisites
IT team members exploring Service Mesh ecosystem and Istio as their solution.
- Software Engineers
- Cloud Operations Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- Basic experience using Linux command line
- Strong understanding of virtualization technologies (i.e. Hypervisors, virtual networks, containers)
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes (KD250 or equivalent)
By the end of this course students will have an understanding of Service Mesh and its ecosystem and build a solid foundation of Istio architecture and traffic management knowledge.
This course contains the following theory & labs:
- Theory: Introduction to Service Mesh and Ecosystem
- Theory: Istio architecture and component overview
- Lab: Environment setup
- Lab: App deployment and sidecar injection techniques
- Theory: Istio Ingress & Egress Controllers
- Lab: Istio Ingress Controller
- Theory: Traffic Control
- Lab: Shifting and Steering Traffic with Canary deployments
- Theory: Telemetry with Istio
- Lab: Monitoring microservices with Prometheus, Distributed Tracing with Jaeger, Viewing Service Graphs with Kiali
- Theory: Security Policies
- Lab: Configuring network policy via Pilot and Envoy
Please review our syllabus for the full course objectives and outline
To access our cloud hosted lab environment, student will need a laptop computer with a ssh client and a web browser.
- Presentations and Workbooks provided by Instructor
- Access to Cloud based labs for duration of class
- Certificate of Completion