KP300: Kubernetes in Production Bootcamp
Interested in registering but don't see a date or location near you?
Request a class.
The Kubernetes in Production (KP300) is a 2-day advanced training focused on production grade architecture, operational best practices, and cluster management. This training is based on a set of widely adopted open source tools proven in production such as Helm, Prometheus, and Kubeadm.
All Mirantis courses emphasize hands-on experience. The majority of class time will be spent with students working in a live Kubernetes environment where they will practice and explore the details of the tools and patterns presented in this course. Short lectures will be interspersed throughout the workshop to introduce ideas, promote discussion and answer questions as a group.
Duration: 2 Days
Have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Audience & Prerequisites
- DevOps and Infrastructure & Deployment Engineers looking for hands-on experience in deploying and managing a production grade Kubernetes cluster
- Cloud Architects evaluating their future or existing Kubernetes solutions
- Have taken the KD250 Bootcamp or a similar class
- Strong Linux command line skills
- Basic understanding of git and GitHub
- Basic understanding of JSON and YAML
- Basic understanding of distributed application development and deployment
- Basic understanding of Virtualization, Containers & Linux execution environment processes
- Basic understanding of L2/L3 & L4/L7, networking and Linux network namespaces
- Basic understanding of Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Laptop with WiFi connectivity
- Web browser supporting HTML5
- SSH Client
Objectives and Outline
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Use kubespray/kubeadm to deploy, scale and upgrade a highly available Kubernetes cluster from scratch
- Use Helm to template and deploy sophisticated Kubernetes applications
- Deploy and customize logging, alerting and monitoring instrumentation for Kubernetes infrastructure and workloads via Elasticsearch, Kibana, Fluentd, Prometheus, Grafana and Alertmanager
- Perform cluster backups using Velero
- Implement gitops-compliant continuous delivery for Kubernetes applications using Flux and Flagger
Please review our syllabus for the full course objectives and outline
- Presentations and Workbooks provided by Instructor
- Access to Cloud based labs for duration of class
- Certificate of Completion