In the CN320: Advanced Kubernetes Operations class, operations staff will learn many of the tools and patterns needed to run a Kubernetes cluster in production. This course is targeted at advanced Kubernetes users tasked with operational responsibilities such as logging, monitoring, alerting, continuous and progressive continuous deployments, as well as cluster bootstrapping, maintenance, backups and disaster recovery. Advanced Kubernetes Operations is a pattern driven course, exploring the powerful patterns of Kubernetes Operators and gitops which can be used across a wide variety of toolchains.
Who Should Attend
This course is targeted at students with the following:
- Motivations: Deploy & manage a production grade kubernetes cluster
- Roles: Infrastructure/Deployment Engineers, Cloud Architects
- Laptop with WiFi connectivity
- Attendees should have the latest Chrome or Firefox installed, and a free account at strigo.io.
- Setting up HA Kubernetes with Kubespray
- Securing the software supply chain with an image registry
- Deploying and managing Kubernetes apps with Helm
- Instrumenting Kubernetes apps and clusters with Prometheus, Kibana, Alertmanager, Grafana and Fluentd
- Continuous Deployment with Istio and Flux
- Cluster backup and disaster recovery with Velero