- This course is currently End of Maintenance – meaning, Mirantis is no longer supporting this class nor providing ongoing courseware updates. This course will no longer be available after October 31, 2020. If you are interested in this course, we recommend our new CN252: Cloud Native Development Bootcamp as the alternative.
The Docker Fundamentals + Enterprise Developers Bundle includes the full Docker for Enterprise Developers course as well as the prerequisite Docker Fundamentals course run back to back in a single intensive training experience. The Docker Fundamentals training course features the foundational concepts and practices of containerization on a single Docker node. The course offers learners the opportunity to assimilate basic container orchestration and how to scale Docker across multiple nodes in a simple swarm cluster. This course provides essential foundational knowledge for subsequent Docker courses. As the follow-on to the Docker Fundamentals course, Docker for Enterprise Developers is a role-based course designed for an organization’s Development and DevOps teams to accelerate their Docker journey in the enterprise. The course covers best practices to containerize and modernize legacy applications or build containerized applications from scratch that are secure, robust, highly available, resilient and self-healing. Platform Availability: Linux, Windows (Fundamentals Only)
Who Should Attend
This course is targeted at students with the following:
- Roles: Software Engineers and DevOps professionals working in an Enterprise developing mission critical line of business applications.
- Laptop with WiFi connectivity
- Attendees should have the latest Chrome or Firefox installed, and a free account at strigo.io.
- Assess the advantages of a containerized software development & deployment
- Use Docker engine features necessary for running containerized applications
- Utilize Swarm and Kubernetes orchestrators to deploy, maintain, and scale a distributed application
- Describe the essential patterns used in a highly distributed EE application
- Understand how to configure EE applications for different environments without code changes
- Produce and containerize scalable, accessible, and fault-tolerant EE applications
- Apply different debugging and testing techniques to containerized EE applications