Accelerated Mirantis Cloud Platform (MCP) Bootcamp course is a 4 day instructor-led training for architects, cloud and system administrators, devops and software engineers, or other IT team members responsible for the deployment, configuration, and maintenance of production-ready OpenStack and Kubernetes. The course is broken up into two sections: lectures and labs.
The lectures provide an overview of Mirantis Cloud Platform (MCP), its high-level architecture and technology stack. The training will guide students through Mirantis Cloud Platform (MCP) concepts, its features and how MCP can be used to deploy, configure and manage cloud environments, software defined networks, software defined storage solutions.
The labs provide hands-on experience with deploying MCP using MaaS, SaltStack, and Jenkins. Once MCP is deployed, model driven principles are applied to deploy OpenStack and Kubernetes clusters. Students will also learn to install and configure additional components such as OpenContrail for OpenStack overlay networking, Ceph as object and block storage, and Stacklight for logging, monitoring, and alerting. MCP Operations labs will focus on utilizing the Reclass model and DriveTrain to apply configuration changes. There will be a comprehensive practice to allow students to freely apply their knowledge to tasks such as adding a new compute node to the OpenStack cluster.
Who Should Attend
This course is targeted at students with the following:
- Skills: OS220/OS250 or OS250 Legacy (or equivalent) experience
- Motivations: Manage & Deploy infrastructure using Mirantis Cloud Platform
- Roles: Cloud Architects, Cloud Administrators, Deployment/DevOps/Software Engineers
- To access our cloud hosted lab environment, students will need a laptop computer with a ssh client and a web browser.
- Introduction to MCP
- SaltStack, Reclass, and Model Driven Architecture
- Bootstrapping MCP and OpenStack Deployment
- DriveTrain operations using pipelines
- Stacklight Logging, Monitoring and Altering
- Comprehensive Practice
- Familiarity with Mirantis Cloud Platform (MCP)
- Understanding of the most common OpenStack challenges in production and how MCP solves these challenges
- Understanding of MCP architecture and its technology stack
- Hands-on experience with MCP as a tool to deploy OpenStack
- Understanding Infrastructure as Code & Code-review process
- Hands-on experience with configuring and updating services using DriveTrain
- Hands-on experience with common troubleshooting steps utilizing Stacklight