Last Available Public Class:
- 7/14/2020 – 7/17/2020 | Virtual Eastern Standard Time | Click To Register.
- This course will be no longer available for registration starting August 1st, 2020. This course is being replaced by our OS220 + OS320 courses.
Our OpenStack Accelerated Bootcamp (OS250) is on the OpenStack Rocky release.
This course provides a complete preparation for the OpenStack Certified Administrator (COA) exam and includes one free attempt at the COA exam.
The OpenStack Accelerated Bootcamp (OS250) extends beyond our OpenStack Bootcamp I (OS100) with additional workshops, at a rapid pace. This course is intended for advanced students. All topics in the OpenStack Bootcamp I (OS100) are covered with additional workshops providing hands-on experience with installation and configuration of OpenStack. The OS250 provides participants with a detailed understanding of all of the steps necessary to operate an OpenStack environment.
The course is broken up into two sections: lectures and labs.
The lectures provide students with an overview of OpenStack and its Architecture, OpenStack Networking, and Orchestration using Heat templates, including integration with Telemetry services.
The labs provide hands-on experience in an all-in-one OpenStack environment. Students will be given opportunities to use and administer OpenStack using the Dashboard UI (Horizon) and the command line. Each lecture is followed by a series of lab exercises. During the lab exercises, students get to practice and engage with all core components of OpenStack. The labs conclude with a comprehensive review to solidify the hands-on skills that are required to operate an OpenStack environment.
The certification exam tests candidates’ ability to create, configure, and manage OpenStack. You will be provided with a COA exam voucher upon completing the class.
Who Should Attend
This course is targeted at students with the following:
- Roles: System Administrators, Deployment Engineers & Technical IT Professionals
- Laptop with WiFi connectivity
- To access our cloud hosted lab environment, student will need a laptop computer with a ssh client and a web browser.
- Describe the architecture of an OpenStack cloud environment
- Define the key features of OpenStack
- Identify suitable use-cases for OpenStack
- Use the image, identity, network, and block storage/volume services
- Use the compute service to launch instances and manage quotas
- Use the orchestration service to deploy instances
- Use the CLI and Dashboard UI (Horizon)
- Create and manage users, projects, roles, permissions, and ACLs
- Manually install and configure OpenStack from scratch