Frequently Asked Questions
Starting October 17, 2019 Mirantis’ OS100 and OS250 training courses, instructor led and self-paced, will come bundled with vouchers for the COA exam. Existing OCM100 vouchers are valid for OCM100 sessions until December 20, and the OCM100 certification verification tool will remain available. Students who currently have OCM100 vouchers may convert them to COA vouchers for a discounted fee of $250.
Students who hold the OCM100 certification don’t need to take the new COA exam unless their employers require it. Former students can also receive the COA for this special price. Email email@example.com for more information.
Here are a few highlights on what is different in the updated COA:
- The exam leverages the start-from-scratch setup: Students will begin with a nearly empty environment and will need to go through the initial configuration of users, tenant, quotas, images, networks, etc.
- The use of any online docs (for example, docs.openstack.org) is no longer supported
- Tasks can be done with CLI client or Dashboard UI
- The domain knowledge requirements have changed slightly
- Core OpenStack components are still covered
- Supported OpenStack release is now Rocky
- The exam dates and times are pre-scheduled in advance and posted on the COA events Web page
If you’re interested in taking the exam, you can find a list of tips here.