KD100: Kubernetes and Docker Bootcamp
Jul 17Tue 09:00 AM CDT - Thu 05:00 PM CDT Austin Mirantis KD100-081
- $2,395.00 incl. Tax
Jul 17Tue 09:00 AM CDT - Thu 05:00 PM CDT Online Mirantis KD100-082
- $2,395.00 incl. Tax
Interested in registering but don't see a date or location near you?
Request a class.
UPDATE! This course now includes one free attempt at the Kubernetes & Docker Certification Exam (KCM100).
The KD100 is the perfect 2.5-day introductory course to get you started with both Docker and Kubernetes.
The course is broken up into lectures, labs and a hands-on certification test. This course requires students to be very familiar with the Linux command line.
The lectures provide an introduction to Docker and Kubernetes. Students will learn how to use Docker for developing, shipping, and running applications. Also, students will learn how to use Kubernetes to automate deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
The labs provide hands-on experience on:
- How to run a Docker container, build a new Docker image and configure it
- How to use docker-compose to streamline container development and testing
- How to use Kubernetes to deploy and manage a simple web application
The certification exam tests candidate’s ability to create, configure, and manage containers using Kubernetes & Docker. The exam is completely hands-on with an allotted time of three hours. The course will prepare students for this certification exam.
Course Duration: 2.5 days
Have questions? Check out our FAQ.
Audience & Prerequisites
Intended for Software developers, Architects and Deployment engineers seeking to learn how to use Docker for developing, shipping and running applications as well as learning how to use Kubernetes to automate deployment, scaling and management of containerized applications. This course requires advanced proficiency in Linux, an understanding of the software development life-cycle, a general understanding of virtualization and experience with networking concepts.
Objectives and Outline
- What is a container, how it differs from a virtual machine, and how to use containers to deliver software applications faster
- What is a container-runtime and how it differs from a container
- How to install Docker from scratch
- How to use Docker to run and manage containers
- How to build Docker images
- How to configure volumes and networks in Docker
- What are microservices and how they differ from monolithic application
- What is container orchestration and why it is needed
- How to use docker-compose to run microservices
- How container orchestration systems help in management of microservices
- How to install a single node Kubernetes cluster from scratch
- How to create Kubernetes pods, deployments, and services
- How to manage containers
- How to discover and connect containers
- How to use Kubernetes to deploy a software application consisting of several components
Please review our syllabus for the course objectives and outline.
To access our cloud hosted lab environment, student will need a laptop computer with a ssh client and a web browser.
- Presentations and Workbooks provided by Instructor
- Access to Cloud based labs for duration of class
- Certificate of Completion
- One attempt at the KCM100 exam